-
September 25th, 2001, 01:59 AM
#1
Inactive Member
i'm posting this here just cuz i like it.... and cuz i couldn't find my old "name that tune" thread.
some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed
some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed
some say love, it is a hunger
an endless aching need
i say love, it is a flower
and you it's only seed
it's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
it's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance
it's the one who won't be taken
who cannot seem to give
and the soul afraid of dying
that never learns to live
when the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes....
the rose.
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 04:02 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
dats really nice...but who sings it???
-
September 25th, 2001, 12:11 PM
#3
Inactive Member
oh! it's Bette Midler
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 12:56 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Is it from the soundtrack of a movie by the same title...about Janis Joplin? I think "When a Man Loves a Woman" is on the same soundtrack...but I rarely know what I'm talking about *L*
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 01:20 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
Its bette Midler..... its from "the Rose" My gramma sings that all the time.... *WG*
Okay I'm sure everyone knows this song.... but.....do you know the "real" name of the song?????
The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path
The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
The lunatic is in my head
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
"I can't think of anything to say except...
I think it's marvelous! HaHaHa!"
------------------
Hold fast to whats important and never let it go!
-
September 25th, 2001, 07:21 PM
#6
Inactive Member
uh myra..isnt that pink floyd..dunno the name tho*S
------------------
A life of reaction is a life of slavery,intellectually and spiritually.
One must fight for a life of action,not reaction.
-
September 25th, 2001, 10:59 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Yeap, its pink floyd....its got 2 names.. one they call it and the other is the real name...bet Mel would know it...
------------------
Hold fast to whats important and never let it go!
-
September 25th, 2001, 11:34 PM
#8
-
September 25th, 2001, 11:53 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
YAY!!!! Leo got the right name!! Most people call it Dark side of the moon... but thats the album name!
------------------
Hold fast to whats important and never let it go!
-
September 26th, 2001, 01:04 AM
#10
Inactive Member
sooo...is the point of this thread to post lyrics and then people try to name the song? *L*...I sure hope so or I will feel really silly posting these lyrics....
Sure at the breeze
There is no mistaking these
These are days in a life of passion
Watch over me for eternity
And I will smile
Til my heart stops beating
All my worries disappear
Your words are like a souvenir
Of love in a life of passion
Days in a life of passion
that's the whole song *L*...ever notice how posting the lyrics on the board or in the room just never do the song justice? *L*
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks